May 24, 2010
Summertime discounts available for the Johns Hopkins community
Discounts on summertime fun are available through the Office of Work, Life and Engagement for Anheuser-Busch Theme Parks, the B&O Railroad Museum, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts, CruiseOne, Hersheypark, Hippodrome Theatre, JoS. A. Bank Clothiers, Kings Dominion, the Maryland Zoo, National Aquarium in Baltimore, Tee Time Golf Passes and Universal Studios. Consignment tickets and vouchers for food and parking at Six Flags parks in Maryland and New Jersey may also be purchased online, or in person.
Special summer events organized by Work, Life and Engagement include Hopkins Weekend at Six Flags America in Maryland; Hopkins Day at Six Flags Great Adventure and Wild Safari in New Jersey; Hopkins Night at Ripken Stadium to watch the Aberdeen Ironbirds vs. Vermont Lake Monsters, followed by post-game fireworks; and Hopkins Night at Camden Yards to see the Orioles play the New York Yankees.
Event details and purchasing arrangements are as follows:
• Hopkins Weekend at Six Flags America, Maryland—Friday to Sunday, July 16 to 18. (Affiliates may choose one day to visit.) Save more than half the regular admission price. Admission is $20, meal vouchers (optional) are $9, and parking passes are $10 each. Guests 2 and under get in for free.
To order tickets online, go to www.sixflags.com/America, enter promo code HOPKINSDAY in the upper-right corner and click GO. Then follow the prompts to order your tickets.
Tickets also are available in person at two locations: Johns Hopkins at Eastern (Jackie Coe in the Office of Work, Life and Engagement, Suite C100. Arrange pickup between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. at email@example.com or 443-997-6060; cash or money order with Hopkins ID) and Bayview Medical Center (arrange pickup between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. with Sylvia Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-550-1175; cash only with Hopkins ID.)
• Hopkins Day at Six Flags Great Adventure and Wild Safari in Jackson, N.J.— Saturday, Aug. 7. Spend a day and enjoy an all-you-can-eat-and-drink buffet meal from 3 to 5 p.m. (menu includes hamburgers, hot dogs, veggie beans, nachos, beverages and ice cream). Tickets are $36 per person.
To purchase tickets, go to www.sixflags.com/greatadventure, input “johnsga10” in the upper-right promo code box, and a box will pop up with the all-inclusive package. For more information, contact Jackie Coe in the Office of Work, Life and Engagement at email@example.com or 443-997-6060.
• In addition to the above events at Six Flags, Johns Hopkins affiliates can purchase discounted one-day admission tickets and season passes online at www.hopkinsworklife.org/financial/sixflags.html\.
• Hopkins Night at Ripken Stadium—Aberdeen Ironbirds vs. Vermont Lake Monsters—Sat., Aug. 28, 7:05 p.m. (game time is subject to change, please confirm ahead of time). Cost of $10 per ticket (sections 210 and 212) includes an Ironbirds baseball cap, “First Pitch” game program, free parking and post-game fireworks. Seating chart, directions to Ripken Stadium and other Ironbirds information can be found at www.ironbirdsbaseball.com.
To reserve tickets, drop off or mail a check or money order payable to JHU IronBirds for the full amount of the desired number of tickets to JHU IronBirds; Office of Work, Life and Engagement; Johns Hopkins at Eastern; 1101 E. 33rd St., Suite C100; Baltimore, MD 21218. Include your name, Johns Hopkins affiliation, daytime phone number, mailing address where you would like tickets sent and an e-mail address. Tickets will be mailed two weeks prior to the game. Orders are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. No tickets can be reserved without payment. Limit 10 tickets per person.
For more information, call 443-997-6060. For directions and other IronBirds information, call 410-297-9292 or go to www.ironbirdsbaseball.com or www.ripkenstadium.com.
• Hopkins Night at Camden Yards—Orioles vs. Yankees—Sat., Sept. 18, at 7:05 p.m. (game time is subject to change; confirm ahead of time).
Hopkins affiliates receive group seating for staff, faculty, students, retirees, alumni and their families and friends. Tickets are $22 each (sections 336 and 340). Seating chart and other Orioles information can be found at http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com.
To reserve tickets, send a check payable to JHU Orioles for the full amount of the desired number of tickets and mail to JHU Orioles; Office of Work, Life and Engagement; Johns Hopkins at Eastern; 1101 E. 33rd St., Suite C100; Baltimore, MD 21218. Include your name, Johns Hopkins affiliation, daytime phone number, mailing address where you would like tickets to be sent and an e-mail address. Tickets will be mailed approximately three weeks before the game. Orders are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. No tickets can be reserved without payment.
• Orioles Home Game Season Ticket Discount—new this year. Discount tickets are available to a select number of Orioles home games during the 2010 season with more than 60 games from which to choose. To purchase tickets, complete the order form available at www.hopkinsworklife.org/financial/orioles.html and fax or mail it to Mark Hromalik at the Orioles. All contact information and available games are included on the order form.
To view all special event and discount offers, go to www.hopkinsworklife.org/financial/discounts.html or call the Office of Work, Life and Engagement at 443-997-6060.